Friday, March 26, 2010

Random Friday-Palm Sunday Weekend

Last Summer Mr. "I" and I went to the Redwoods and the Southern Oregon Coast. It was hot on this day and when I saw this pic it reminded me of that day and Summertime. It also reminded me of the sense of comfort and order I get when we stop in a teeny tinny town in the middle of the ocean forest country and stop in the heat of the day to completely enjoy the moment.

Last month Darryl and Andrew and I went on a hike to Punchbowl Falls. To get this shot I had to rock hop to the center of the creek/river and teeter on a couple of boulders and "snap" quickly. That's why it's blurry. I still managed to get my feet soaking wet. But, being there in person to watch the falls from that vantage point was pretty fantastic. Love that sound.



I noticed that the roses are beginning to get the new wood and blooms on...so soon we'll have roses again. Ahhhhh.


I am soooo glad it's Friday and the weekend can begin.  I'm really looking forward to Sunday to Celebrate Palm Sunday. I love Lent and Holy Week. I pray all of you will have a blessed day on Sunday. Much Love and Devotion MamaBus.

So they took branches of palm trees and went out to meet him, crying, "Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord, even the King of Israel!" And Jesus found a young ass and sat upon it; as it is written, "Fear not, daughter of Zion; behold, your king is coming, sitting on an ass's colt (Jn 12:13-15)!"
Today we commemorate Christ's entry into Jerusalem for the completion of the Paschal Mystery. In the old calendar before Vatican II, the Church celebrated Passion Sunday two Sundays before Easter, and then Palm Sunday was the beginning of Holy Week. The Church has combined the two to reinforce the solemnity of Holy Week.
The Palm Sunday procession is formed of Christians who, in the "fullness of faith," make their own the gesture of the Jews and endow it with its full significance. Following the Jews' example we proclaim Christ as a Victor... Hosanna to the Son of David! Blessed is He who comes in the Name of the Lord. But by our faith we know, as they did not, all that His triumph stands for. He is the Messiah, the Son of David and the Son of God. He is the sign of contradiction, acclaimed by some and reviled by others. Sent into this world to wrest us from sin and the power of Satan, He underwent His Passion, the punishment for our sins, but issues forth triumphant from the tomb, the victor over death, making our peace with God and taking us with Him into the kingdom of His Father in heaven.        

No comments: